Education System in Cyprus
Education System in Cyprus
CYPRUS Education system/Type of Institutions The universities and institutions in Cyprus offer world-class study options at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Besides these universities, there are various institutions offering a wide range of courses.
Undergraduate Degrees: The normal undergraduate degree is, generally, three to four years in duration. A few universities also offer Honors degrees. Postgraduate Degrees: The Master degrees usually take 1.5 to 2years of study.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS PROCEDURE AND CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- The decision of the Office of Admissions is based on the following factors:
- A completed application form
- A non-refundable fee accompanying every application
- Official or certified transcripts of secondary (high) school records
- The applicant must submit an official transcript of his/her secondary school record along with the application.
In order to be considered eligible for admission, the average grade of a student must be 50%. However, applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria may be accepted and placed on probation. For candidates applying for admission with advanced standing, providing an official transcript of their previous college/university record is mandatory. Evidence of knowledge of the English language is also required.
English is the language of instruction at Cyprus College, though it is not a requirement for admission. Applicants whose native language is not English will have to undertake the Cyprus College English Placement Test (EPT). When the applicant receives an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions College, he/she must send a down payment which will be deducted from the tuition fees of the first semester.
TUTION FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
The cost of tuition in Cyprus varies according to the number of courses (Credits) a student registers each semester. A full-time student normally registers for 5 courses each semester (15 credits per semester).
The academic year is divided into two semesters: the fall semester (September) and the spring semester (February). Consequently, a full-time student will register for 10 courses each academic year. The cost of tuition for 30 credits, which is the equivalent of 10 courses in Cyprus, is CYP 3,540 (CYP118 per credit @30 credits).
- Undergraduate/Graduate Studies (CYP)
- Office Administration 2,700
- Travel and Tourism 2,700
- Journalism & Public Relations 2,500
- Hotel Management (Higher Diploma) 2,500
- Bachelor Degree Programs (Business, Computers etc) 3,540
- Master Degree Programs (Per Course) 375
Scholarship:Scholarship for International Students: Cyprus awards scholarships ranging from 10 to 20 % on tuition to selected students with an outstanding school performance (B average and above) on their High School leaving certificate or Bachelor degree. The percentage of scholarship given can be increased in case of outstanding academic performance.