Student Visa Procedure
New Zealand Student Visa Process
We at Victory Planner provide you a few steps to undergo the procedure of getting a study visa for New Zealand:
Step 1: Apply for Admission in College/University
This is the foremost step towards your dream to study abroad. There exist hundreds of colleges and universities to choose among in New Zealand. You will find many colleges/universities offering the courses that you are interested in. The best way is to conduct research on the best universities and college in New Zealand offering relevant courses and shortlist a few of them. Afterwards, browse the website of shortlisted colleges and decided with one that you find suitable in terms of education quality, ranking, course structure, course fee and other facilities for international students.
Once you have decided what and where you wish to study, complete the application to the institution of your choice. While applying for admission, you will be required to submit a few documents, including the proof of your previous academic qualifications; and in the majority of cases, you need to submit a proof of your English language ability. Now wait for your offer letter!
Step 2: Undertake Medical and PCC
After receiving your offer letter from an institution, you will need to undergo a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Immigration New Zealand. A list of doctors approved by the panel can be found by visiting the link given below: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/paneldoctors/ At the same time, you will need to arrange for your Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Regional Passport office or from the Deputy Commissioner of Police of your area.
Step 3: Visa Lodgment
To lodge your visa application for student Visa for New Zealand, you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist provided on the immigration website of New Zealand (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/). In relation to your financials, it is strongly recommended that you take advantage of the Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) offered by the ANZ bank. The benefits of using the FTS are explained below.
Step 4: FUND TRANSFER SCHEME
FTS is for those students who genuinely intend to study in New Zealand but have no access to fund older than six months. In FTS, students need to transfer the living expense of 12 months (or as directed by Immigration New Zealand) to a bank account (ANZ Bank) in New Zealand, in addition to paying the tuition fee for 1 year. The amount deposited in the bank is locked for 12 months (or as per immigration New Zealand instructions for a given period) and is then drip fed to the student on a pre-arranged basis.
Step 5: Industry Partnership with Education Providers (IPP)
IPP New Zealand is an industry partnership program started with some selected education providers in New Zealand. This program is very much like SVP (Streamline Visa Processing) running in Australia. Education partners registered in IPP have the responsibility for ensuring that the student
- Has chosen a relevant and right course.
- He has got sufficient funds to support his fee and other living expenses in New Zealand.
- He has genuine intention of studies in New Zealand.
- He is meeting all entry requirements.
If an IPP education provider chooses to support an individual for streamlined processing, it will provide that individual with a letter of nomination. This letter of nomination must be submitted to the relevant INZ Visa Application Centre along with a completed application form; all other required documentation; and the relevant fee.
Step 6: Payment of Tuition Fees
After the lodgment of your visa application, and once you have received the ” Approval in Principal (AIP) ” of your visa from the Immigration New Zealand, you will need to pay your 1st years tuition fees to the respective institution.
At this point, the students using FTS will also need to transfer their living expenses contribution to their ANZ bank account.
Step 7: Visa Outcome
You will be notified you of outcome of your visa application on your email and you can then collect your passport. Now is the time for you to start planning your travel and accommodation for New Zealand!
How Victory Planner helps you with this Process?
However, student visa process for New Zealand is not as easy as it appears. It involves little hassle and needs to be carrying out carefully. Single mistake can create huge mess with your visa application. At Victory Planner, We can help you navigate through various processes available to make studying overseas a whole lot easier.
Here is how we help you:
- We provide you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help you choose a right college/university and industry-oriented course in New Zealand.
- We provide you a checklist of documents that you need to submit at the time of applying to the chosen college and we take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
- In relation to your financials, Victory Planner strongly recommends that you take advantage of the Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) offered by the ANZ bank.
- Just like your admission application, Victory Planner helps you lodge your visa file. We will keep you updated on the progress of your application and will take the hard work out of tracking your application by staying in constant touch with the visa officer, on your behalf.
- We will notify you as soon as we get to know the outcome of your application for your study Visa for New Zealand and you can then collect your passport.
- At Victory Planner, we can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in New Zealand. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier and a once-in-a-life experience!
Remember, all our services are free of charge!